Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Starting My Blog...

Just beginning my blog; it'll be about good drinks as the title would suggest but not just alcoholic ones. I will be reviewing teas, sodas (of unique and smaller production), coffee, beer, wine, and "colored" liquors (rum, whiskey, and such). I also like gins and vodkas every once in awhile, but I will NOT be reviewing tequilas due to an experience with one that I cannot remember ;-)

I would like to also note my approach to drinking and my rating system that I've been using:
First my system. I must give some credit to DrinkHacker.com and BeerAdvocate for blending and stealing theirs.

Drink Ratings:
A+ (World Class), A (Outstanding), A- (Excellent), B+ (Very Good), B (Good), B- (Worthy), C+ (Decent), C (Mediocre), C- (Not Worthy), F (Avoid)

Note: I've actually been tasting, rating and taking notes for awhile now and B seems to be the average, but anything C+ or lower usually has an aspect about it I don’t like. F means I couldn't even finish the drink due to being disgusting.

Now my belief system on drinks this doesn't apply to just alcohol. I believe that drinks should be enjoyed for what they are and liking them not their effect. Every type of drink has cheap "well brands" for those who just want their effect, like Pabst Blue Ribbon, Maxwell House, Mountain Dew, most box wines and plastic bottles of liquor.

I'll probably be writing my first review on a favorite tea latter today or whiskey tomorrow, (I shouldn't drink anything before taking a bicycle ride to work). Don't be afraid to send me suggestions or requests on what to try.

I hope a customer's idea on putting my opinions
on products on the web was a good one,
IcySmooth52

No comments: