Thursday, August 27, 2009

Green Mountain Rain Forest Blend

After working at a gourmet coffee shop, maybe my standards are too high? I found this coffee to be a a bit of a disappointment. A bit about my preferences for coffee before I go on to review Green Mountain's product: Never put sugar in my coffee, and only a touch of creme! I'm not the type of American that thinks that they like coffee because they have it half and half. (No I didn't mean with, I'm referring to the proportions of how much actual coffee and how much cream and sugar.)

Anyways, I picked this coffee up while grocery shopping because I had a coupon for $1.50 off of any Green Mountain coffee and I felt like something not too dark (I do like dark though). The Rain Forest Blend has a light and nutty smell but had no hints of the "acidity" some light coffees can have. But the cup I have in front of me now actually has a heavier smell than a typical light coffee and the nutty element is even more pronounced. Once I take a sip though it just doesn't have much too it. It's just a bland plain coffee taste, the nutty part can only be found on the palate if you try and taste it.

I offended my standing on how coffee should be drank and added some sugar to my cup to see if it would draw out any shy flavors. That failed and I simply dumped the other half of my disgraced cup down the sink. After some thought I gave the Green Mountain Rain Forest Blend a C (decent). I considered a B due to the attractive smell that lured me into buying it but I decided it didn't merit such.

Oh yeah, for those Americans that drink your coffee half and half JUST DRINK SODA!

No comments: