Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oregon Chai The Original

I remember the first time I had a chai was at a Dunkin' Donuts drive through during the christmas season. I thought it was great, and this was before I had even grown-up to like coffee! Latter in life I found Starbucks to make a far better product and it was commonly my choice when an americano would keep me up too late. But have you ever noticed chai seems to be a winter craving? Well I had a craving for an iced one that I had learned to make while working at a coffee shop, so I picked up a box of this some 2% milk and dug out my cinnamon once I got home. Quickly made, my fiance grew to love the iced version and I'm getting this review done so I can actually drink one while writing this before she finishes it off!

The front of the carton lists "Black Tea, Vanilla, Spices & Honey" and after taking a sip of this straight, that's what it tastes like in that order. (The spices are obviously cinnamon). The straight product smells like cinnamon and it leaves a lingering honey finish as well but it's meant to be a component of a concotion. I think the final concoctions I've created with this are great and my rating is an A (excellent). Kudos to Oregon Chai!

For those that want to know how to make the perfect iced chai, read on:

1. Pour 1/2 of the chai concentrate and 1/2 2% or soy milk in a shaker with a few ice cubes but make sure there's some room.
2. Shake well because with the space and ice it'll create a nice foamy top, if you have a milk frother you could just use this instead.
3. Strain into the serving glass and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
4. ENJOY!

No comments: