Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reed's Extra Ginger Brew

Tonight's drink may be brewed, but it's not alcoholic as many of you probably know. Beer that's ginger won't  give you a 'tingle' in the same way as others, but later I'll inform you of a fine way to make it. Let's find out if Reed's EXTRA ginger concoction is intense like maine root or just strong like Capitan Eli's first.

Reed's doesn't inform you of being extra ginger until it tingles your nose right before you sip. Once in your mouth things go up just a few notches. There's the standard fizz with all sodas but a different one from the ginger is there as well. It feels something like spicy but not in a hot way. This zest stays on your tongue for a long aftertaste as well. It's still easy to drink though.

If I don't alter Reed's Extra Ginger Brew it's a B (good) in my book. When I want just a ginger beer I usually go with maine root's opaque ginger brew instead because it's stronger and I like that. Reed's Extra Ginger Brew is what I choose when I want to make a dark 'n' stormy though. This is because it works with Gosling's Black Seal better by not trampling over the rum's added notes. To make a dark 'n' stormy just pour Reed's in a highball glass with ice, add a few shots of rum, and enjoy the added zest.

I am referring to the actual taste when I say zest by the way. "Enjoy the drink, not the effect."

No comments: