Saturday, October 17, 2009

maine root Ginger Brew


Ever heard of ginger beer? I know many have not. It's not like ginger ale, it's far more potent and lets you know that there's ginger in it. Most who've heard of and had ginger beer have had Reed's, but maine root's ginger brew leaves that in the dust for intensity.

A hint to this is concentration can be seen because of its opaque appearance like a greenish orange juice. For those not prepared your first smell might repulse you, and the first sip will as well. But the experienced of this is unique with ginger on the palate (duh), but it's a crisp-spicy somehow that's not like the raw root. Once past your tongue there is no aftertaste but a retaining tingle on it that lingers for quite some time. Besides the taste, I've found this to be a nice tonic to settle your stomach.

Despite being somewhat simple I give this an A (excellent) because it's been a favorite of mine that I've returned to many times. I warn you though, I'm sure people's opinions on this will be polarized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the subject of Ginger Beer, you might also want to try Fentimans. The product is brewed and fermented (to less than 1/2% alcohol), giving it an aroma and flavor unlike any other. You can find out more about this brand established in 1905 in Northern England at www.drinkfentimans.com. Cheers, Greg.

Luxurious Liquids said...

I've tried Fentiman's Ginger Beer actually. It has a lot more things going on but I like the intensity of maine root's ginger beer. Fentiman's is a great drink though.