Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bogle Merlot '07

I decided on going with a lighter red wine this time because my last was quite heavy. Merlot is a commonly lighter bodied wine, and I've noticed Bogle's merlot to be a big seller at my work. So here's a good red at a great price (~$9.00).

As I sit here sipping my glass and writing notes, I know that my fiance will love this bottle. It's quite velvety all the way through. The nose has a touch of tannins when first poured, but that quickly goes away with notes of raspberries and some sort of herbal spice. I think the palate is a great example of fruit in a wine. Cherries and strawberries are at the front of the taste and you're reminded of the silky body. I find the most interesting part of this wine to be the aftertaste; black tea. There's also a hint of tannins again, but it wont be disturbing to any.

This wine has a versatile and well defined nose, palate, and finish. It didn't take me long to grade it as a B (good). I'd recommend this to any looking to get into red wines or "developing their palate". It's not hard to enjoy at all.

No comments: