Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Equal Exchange Love Buzz

I've noticed many starting to care about fair trade coffees. It should be obvious that Equal Exchange's products are fair trade because they made an alternative wording of fair trade their brand name. Not to be selfish, but what's on my mind in the morning is weather or not I like the cup I'm sipping. So here's my review as I sip my morning dose of caffeine.

I must admit the aroma of this coffee was surprising: It smelled like coffee, but also has the smell of tobacco? I was shocked, it wasn't pleasant but not overly unpleasant. So I went on to tasting. Fortunately the tobacco failed to reappear, this time a "brownie-fudge" chocolate took over. The body of the coffee was appropriately fudgy as well, but not full or heavy. The aftertaste left an apparent but not powerful acidity, chocolate, and bitterness at the end.

I give kudos to Equal Exchange for creating an unflavored coffee with flavors that aren't the typical manufactured or fake taste. However, I think I'll be returning to Starbuck's Sumatra as my typical supermarket coffee of choice. I give Equal Exchange's Love Buzz a F (avoid).

No comments: