Saturday, October 24, 2009

Samuel Adams Coastal Wheat

Some of you might've noticed the new Sam Adams beer available. If you're like me you'd rather know a bit about a beer before you buy a six pack of it. (I only invested in one to write this reveiw.) So as I sit here at my computer analyzing this latest concoction, I'll share my experience of it.

Once cold enough I put the bottle into a pilsner glass and found a foamy head that wasn't as crisp as most lagers or lighter ales. It hastily deteriorated and left some lacing on the glass. It looked like a hazy golden orange and I quickly found that to parallel its taste. It smelled of yeast and citrus and tasted again with yeast pulled to the front and lemon (not any citrus) very noticeable as well. I enjoyed the smell of this more than the taste.

This teatered on B- or C+, but with some though I decided on C (decent). It's a little light for my taste of wheat ales. In comparison to other beers, I'd say Sam's Coastal Wheat is a cross between their summer ale and Blue Moon.

No comments: