Monday, September 14, 2009

Starbucks Sumatra

I didn't feel like taking a risk this time so I went with something I knew was safe. The Starbucks Sumatra is favorite of my mother's and many others. So here's a good coffee that you can find at any supermarket:

This is a rather simple coffee so I found my notes rather short, but that's kind of a reason I like it! The label that you can see above reads extra bold, and it is. I like bold very much, but this one isn't dark. (The palate is very pronounced but not "bitter-tart" for lack of a better word.) Sumatra is also smooth, it doesn't have the acidic part of other coffees at all. My last note is that this has a fulsome body and an earthy coffee taste.

Due to being unsophisticated this coffee will never be an A anything in my book, but I like its taste and it has absolutely no negative aspects. B (good)

P.S. I like dark coffee, and I'll be getting to that soon...

No comments: