Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Republic of Tea Pomegranate Green Tea

Perhaps I'm on a healthy tea run? This is my third hippy-healthy tea in a row! I never bought this tea because of its supposed health benefits though, doesn't pomegranate tea sound interesting? I think so.

Steeping this tea is very pretty in a clear glass cup; the swirling rose hues of color were very pretty. After three minutes I smelled my cup and found it to be floral, not fruity or citrusy like pomegranate. Scanning the tin I found hibiscus to be listed under ingredients before pomegranate. Doing more aura explorations I did find hints of pomegranate, but they definitely took the back seat to hibiscus. On the palate pomegranate was the most detectable on the back of the tongue, but I do wish it was stronger. The floral notes were also found. Both left an aftertaste but the hibiscus lasted longer. I think this tea should be re-named Hibiscus green tea with pomegranate.

I didn't have to contemplate my score long on this one, C (decent). It could've easily been a B if it had a more apparent pomegranate taste, this one is just unbalanced in taste and too weak on the palate for me. For those of you who like jasmine teas and want to get their daily overdose of antitoxins, put this one on your list though.

The Republic of Tea

No comments: