Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Adagio Almond Oolong

Adagio would seem to be one of the biggest loose leaf tea companies on the internet. I've even seen some of their products in retail and grocery stores! But Adagio's teas haven't been a favorite of mine because of my comparison to their competition such as Zhi Tea, Golden Moon and Mighty Leaf. I can't just review my preferred products though, so here's a tea that sits at the back of my cupboard.

Upon opening the tin you can tell that this tea is certainly nutty, in fact it's hard to detect the actual tea. This is unfortunate because oolong tea can be very layered and substantial in flavor. Once steeped the tea is a very pretty amber gold but the scent hasn't changed in flavor, just gotten lighter. Something that will surprise you is the body of this tea, it is full! I think the nuttiness contributes to that because all that your palate senses is the taste of almond. once swallowed the almond flavor remains for a bit but for the first time you can detect a light floral note that I believe is the oolong finally. Perhaps this tea should be just Adagio Almond.

If you love almonds, perhaps this tea is for you! I can't find anything unplesant about this tea, just nothing interesting. I find it too simple to drink even when I'm just reading or my mind is not contemplating the senses. C (decent).

No comments: