Friday, July 30, 2010

Caribou Coffee Essential Organic Blend

Ever notice how loyal coffee drinkers are rather polar in there tastes? You have the 'dark side' with those that select only french or italian roast, and the 'light side' who chose flavored hazelnut, french vanilla or just a lighter colombian bean. I'd have to say I'm a little on the darker preference. I think Caribou Coffee has something that could be the first step for the dark side to see a little light, (or the light getting a little darker).

As stated on the label above I can tell this coffee is lively and intense just from the smell. With a little attention you can pick up the lemongrass notes as well. My first sip didn't back off form the full taste. A balanced body has a crisp palate with the medium roast, but not acidic in the way other coffees are. Fruit notes are slightly apparent, but I wouldn't call them peaches. They're just a darker fruit that perhaps may be plums. You're left with that medium roast coffee on your tongue and that crisp on the roof of your mouth.

As stated before, something in the middle of light and dark. The slight flavors that compliment the coffee aren't the best in my opinion, but I'm sure others would like it more. This must be the dark side of me speaking. I'm leaving the Essential Organic Blend with a C (good) for my opinion, but I wouldn't let that stop you from trying it.

No comments: