Monday, January 11, 2010

Peet's French Roast


Starbucks is a household name these days in America. Most know it as a company from the northwest that brought a more european cup of coffee to the nation. Most don't know that there are actually quite a few companies from this area, available nationwide, that offer a more refined cup as well. Today I'll be reviewing one of them, Peet's Coffee.

Peet's French Roast is noted as one of the best sellers of the Peet's brand and I can understand why. I've noticed a trend in demanding coffee drinker, they want it dark. This french roast is certainly dark, but surprisingly it has a light body and is easy to drink. The palate of this is disappointing to me though, all I get besides the roast is a smoky note. It's easily smelled as well and there isn't any prominent aftertaste.

So Peet's French Roast is rather simple. Due to this I'm giving it a D (decent), but I think this coffee should be considered by those who put their coffee in a timed maker and run out the door with a thermos. It's still a good cup-o'-joe.

No comments: