Friday, January 15, 2010

Golden Moon Tea Tippy Earl Grey

Earl grey seems to be a polarizing tea, you either love it or hate it. Golden Moon has a "tippy" earl grey that their website speaks highly of and is steeping in front of me. I don't know what tippy is supposed to mean but I care more about how this earl grey is different in taste, not title.

Smelling the haze above my cup I can perceive a black tea that's more delicate than breakfast or assam teas. Of course the standard lavender is there as well, but it doesn't overshoadow the actual tea tone like other earl greys I've had before. The palate brings out the citrus notes that initially are brought to the front but after a few more sips it blends with the tea and lavender to outline a balanced flavor. The aftertaste is of the light lavender and citrus rind.

This delicate equilirbium created gives Golden Moon's Tippy Earl Grey a high mark. A (excellent). I'm not a fan of earl grey teas, but I'm a fan of this one and it'll have a spot in my cupboard.

No comments: