Monday, March 29, 2010

Saranac Ginger Beer

Ginger beer is a largely unappreciated drink. Little does the general population know that this classic concoction is a key to many cocktails, settles your stomach and makes ginger ale taste weak. I’ve reviewed a few others before, but today Saranac’s drink is on the line. Before opening the bottle I must note the price of a six pack is the same as a four pack of other ginger beers, a better deal.

I have a theory on why Saranac can sell cheaper though; they aren’t as intense as others. I’m not saying this ginger beer should be labeled a ginger ale though, it’s just easier to drink. There’s still the tingle on your tongue and the ginger snap aftertaste. This difference in consistency can be seen as well, it’s not a little opaque like other ginger beers I’ve had.

Saranac’s Ginger Beer has proven to be the best choice for making concoctions, but I’m reviewing the product alone. I give it a good solid B (good) and I know others would prefer this one over others due to its ease. If you haven’t had ginger beer before, this is a good one to start with.

No comments: