Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Otter Creek Copper Ale


Has anyone noticed my geography with breweries? Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine are my microbrewery states. Today I’m expanding my horizons to Vermont with Otter Creek’s flagship Copper Ale. Let’s see how the last state of New England compares to the rest:

Before tasting I’d swear this would be an IPA. It pours a crisp and hoppy head while showing a color only slightly darker than a real IPA. Taking a drink is when you’re brought to the malts and yeast though. Hops is still very noticeable in the way of a classic IPA, not the newer bluntly crisp ones. When buying don’t forget that malts are a big part of the palate.

This is a versatile beer with its use of malts and hops. I’m giving it a B (good) and think it would be a great alternative to the light summer ales. Don’t think that Vermont is inferior to other states though, I know Otter Creak has some excellent brews.

No comments: