Thursday, February 4, 2010

Zhi Tea Ambrosia

Zhi Tea has had two other reviews showing great products, their Coconut Assam and bestseller Sweet Desert Delight. Ambrosia is a white tea blend of theirs that smells quite fruity from the loose leaves. I’m about to find out if Zhi Tea will have another tin I’ll keep full in my cupboard.

The scent put off by my cup shows coconut notes less strong than their assam so it lets you smell the white tea as well. That element is almost floral. It returns in the palate where the coconut is almost undetectable. Zhi Tea’s website states that Ambrosia has pineapple bits as well, but I can’t taste that. I think they supplement the taste by giving a slight sweetness to it though. Ambroisa’s body is quite full for a tea as well.

This is a relaxing tea and I think it would make a fantastic iced tea. I’m giving it a B (good) due to its symmetry and balance between the white tea and added flavors. This will be a tea I’ll return to while I’m reading a book before bed.

No comments: