Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Republic of Tea Ginger Lemon Grass

Sounds zesty doesn’t it? On the tin Republic of Tea states it’s also a fine aid to digestion. That’s a fine reason to drink for others, but my blog’s approach is to analyze taste and flavor. I’ll take their word on the claimed health benefits and let those who care for enjoying their cup of tea know my experience.

The steam above my freshly brewed cup leaves a fait aura of the lemongrass, nothing else. After a sip I found the taste to be just as weak though. To try and bring out the elements stated in the title I added a little sweetener and let it cool. This made it stronger but did not reveal any ginger. I did notice some light green tea though, I believe it was sencha. There was no aftertaste.

This was far too dim and uninteresting for me. I’m leaving it with a C (decent) and not an F because I tried it a second time making an iced tea and it was a little more enjoyable/tasteable. If you need digestive help, perhaps you’d like this.

No comments: