Thursday, February 11, 2010

Peace Coffee Snowshoe Brew

It can be restraining to identify coffee sometimes because it’ll keep you from trying a blend with a name you don’t know. “Ethiopian beans are on the crisp side and Sumatran tends to be earthy-dark, but what is a snowshoe brew?” So for those that know coffee jargon and even those that don’t, I’m discovering Peace Coffee’s Snowshoe Brew.

Sniffing above my coffee’s foam rimming the cup, (a benefit of using a french press), I detected a “seasoned smoke”. This was rather unique because it wasn’t deep or earthy like a Sumatran bean. Taking a sip the coffee brought to me a slight spice and sweetness to the light roast. I must note that when I say sweet it’s nothing like the pre-sweetened beans of Dunkin’ Donuts. Snowshoe Brew also had a light body and left a sturdy, lingering aftertaste.

Now I’ve given lighter roasts such as Green Mountain’s Organic lower ratings but I enjoyed this light roast very much, which defines a B (good). It may be towards the end of winter but I’d recommend that many go out and get this coffee while it’s available because it’ll be a great way to start spring days as well

No comments: