Monday, January 17, 2011

Lambrusco Dell'Emilia Bianco Le Grotte

Most instantly think of champagne when european sparkling wine comes up. Tonight I have an Italian one, Lambrusco Dell'Emilia's Bianco. This one caught my eye because it has such a pretty label. I'm sure some will look down on me for such, being something of a drink connoisseur. Lets see if you should get this bottle for reasons beside the pretty label.

This isn't as fizzy as most champagnes, it's just sparkling. There's not much of a nose to it but if it wasn't in a flute with a few bubbles around the glass, I could've mistaken this for white grape juice. Once in my mouth it kept this theme because juicy and fruity are certainly good adjectives for this. It wasn't cranberry but strawberry, kiwi, apricot and, a crisp like green apple. A bit to sweet for me but it's not an el cheapo bottle of something that claims to be a wine but is just spiked juice.

I feel it's important to mention again that this is sweet, and due to my personal preferences Lambrusco Dell'Emilia Bianco Le Grotte is a C (decent) in my book. If you know you like the sweeter spectrum of wines don't be afraid to choose this though. It has enough going on for someone to enjoy the drink instead of the effect.

No comments: