Saturday, January 8, 2011

Golden Star Tea White Jasmine

Perhaps it's a little late to review an alternative to champagne after new year's eve, but tonight I'm enjoying a sparking white tea in a champagne flute. I must say if I didn't read the label or have a sip, I would've assumed this was a champagne though. This makes it a fine choice for prom night, the drink for underage people at weddings, or next new years for those who want to remember the night. What ever the event, here's how Golden Star Tea Co.'s sparkling white jasmine tea compliments it.

The sparkling tea actually has elements of some sweeter champagnes in addition to looking like one. The fizz isn't as much as the wine but more of a crisp. There's sweet happening here as well but does nothing to overpower floral notes that are strongest when smelt. The rounded body of white tea exists here as well and I found it interesting with the carbonation. The actual taste of tea leaf is happening as well underneath the jasmine and cane sugar.

If I had to use one adjective to describe Golden Star's White Jasmine, it would be pleasant. I do find the sugar a touch too much for me but it will make others enjoy it more. A solid B (good) defines this drink on my scale. It's a good one to keep on hand for a pleasant situation.

No comments: