Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Peace Coffee Guatemalan


After a break from updating Luxurious Liquids due to many moves I felt it was imperative to start again with a fine choice. So I chose a coffee I found excellent from Peace Coffee that was just roasted lighter. So here are my thoughts on a freshly french-pressed Guatemalan bean from Peace Coffee:

Even before tasting it I could tell this wasn't a "light" roast, just lighter than the Guatemalan Dark Roast. It has a great balance of acidity with it strong enough to be noted but nowhere near the point where it can be a little disturbing such as some Columbian coffees. Nutty is the prime note here though. I can smell pecans and peanuts (along with some chocolaty notes like the dark roast), and taste hazelnut. Do NOT let that statement alarm you! It doesn't parallel the flavored 'coffees' labeled French Vanilla. You're left with the chocolate taste in the aftertaste.

"Aahhhhhhhhh" *sigh of pleasure* I give Peace Coffee's Guatemalan a B (good).

I'll be doing this more often now with an internet connection, all of my tea tins, coffee beans, bar-ware, wine rack, and fine liquors (nothing in plastic), unpacked. Beer will be involved as well because I'm in Portland, Maine now and as some of you may have noticed, there are many fine breweries around.

No comments: