Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peace Coffee Guatemalan Dark Roast

The name of this brand makes it obvious that it's a fair trade product and with a quick inspection of the label you find it's also organic, as most fair trade coffees are. This is all a great thing supporting the world market to have standards like those within America as well as keeping the unnatural pieces away. But you may have read before that I'm more concerned with how much I like it. So here are my thoughts on Peace Coffee's taste.

Wow, this may be my new coffee of choice. This coffee gives an inviting aura of dark chocolate with no bitter or sweet. There is also a smokiness with the chocolate but a "dark" nutty note also exists. The smoky chocolate returns in the taste but this time the bitterness of dark chocolate seems to have replaced coffees. Something else is there but it's hard to find any words that describe it. The best I could say is a "caramelized roast". Its aftertaste leaves you with the dark chocolate, but I want to say this is nothing like a flavored coffee.

I give Peace Coffee's Guatemalan Dark Roast an A (excellent) and will be a coffee I'll try to keep on hand (but I have 5 lbs of coffee already!) This is a great choice for those who want to ease into darker roasts because I found it easy to drink. There is little acidity.

No comments: