Friday, June 24, 2011

Polar Banana Seltzer

When I saw this at the grocery store, I had to try it. It's obviously a new release from Polar Beverages because it's not even apparent on their website except for mentioning a simple "Monkey Rum" cocktail. They did choose a good time to bring out a new banana product with summer just started a few day ago. Let me find out if banana seltzer can compliment a hot day.

Sure enough; it smells of bananas, tingles on the tongue, and leaves an aftertaste. It's not foolishly sweet as I had feared, but also not as strong as I'd prefer. It's a seltzer and not a flavored soda so I understand why it's not tasting of banana extract. I'd like it stronger because their mention of a cocktail with this ingredient is inspiring.

When I want seltzer I'll be getting  Polar's lemon or lime unless I want some variety. Those flavors have been the standard with seltzer for awhile for a reason. As for cocktails, I think I'll be trying to make a classic pina-colada cocktail (shaken, not blended) and diluting it with this product like a club soda. It's a C (decent) in my book.

Very creative Polar...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polar is not available in my area. I came across the Banana flavored Seltzer on a trip to Maine. It tasted a lot better than the Lemon/lime flavors to me. Wish I could find it in Maryland :(

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that so many people HATED the banana seltzer it was my all time favorite seltzer and it has always made me sad I can't even find so much as a mention of its existence anymore besides a few people saying how bad it was. Glad to see someone say its decent though