Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mr. Brown Iced Coffee

I found this can in amongst canned coconut milk at an Asian grocery store with ramen noodles that would only let me know what flavor they were from the picture on the front. There isn't any oriental letters or symbols on a Mr. Brown can but it's made by King Car Group, an Asian company. Let's see what they think iced coffee should taste like.

Following the instructions on the back i had it in the fridge and shook it well before opening. Even before the brown liquid touched my lips I could tell this wouldn't be finished by me. I smelled chemicals. The ingredients are listed as; water, coffee extract, sugar, and milk powder. There's no real coffee in this. I took the sip despite my research's findings and the best way to describe this is sugar-milk with chemical coffee taste.

The supermarket didn't loose my business because they have roasted coconut milk that makes a phenomenal daiquiri cocktail, but I will never even bother buying a King Car product again because Mr. Brown is an F (avoid). If you need caffeine it's worth it to hold out for a different product.

No comments: